Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound crabmeat, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 pounds whole flounder - cleaned, rinsed and dried
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish or a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
step 2: Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan. Stir in onion, green onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
step 3: Remove pan from heat and stir in shredded crabmeat, seasoning, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
step 4: Rub flounder skin and cavity with butter. Stuff with crab mixture and place in prepared pan.
step 5: Bake for 30 minutes, or until flesh is firm and white at the thickest part of the fish.