Stuffed French Toast With Fresh Berry Topping Recipe
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch thick) French bread
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup, heated
step 1: COMBINE berries and granulated sugar in small bowl. Combine ricotta cheese and strawberry preserves in small bowl; mix well. Combine eggs, evaporated milk, brown sugar and vanilla extract in pie plate or shallow bowl; mix well.
step 2: SPREAD ricotta-preserve mixture evenly over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread to form sandwiches.
step 3: HEAT small amount of vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
step 4: SPRINKLE with powdered sugar; top with berries. Serve with maple syrup.