Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Lime Pesto Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ORTEGA® Diced Jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 cup SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- ORTEGA® Green Chile Picante Sauce
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 F.
step 2: CUT tenderloin lengthwise almost in half. Open; lay flat between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness.
step 3: PLACE garlic, onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapenos in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until coarsely chopped. Process, while slowly adding corn oil, for 10 to 15 seconds or until mixture is slightly smooth. Spread half of cilantro mixture over tenderloin; top with cheese. Roll up; secure with string. Spread remaining cilantro mixture over top. Place on rack in roasting pan.
step 4: BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature of 170 F. is reached. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove string; slice. Serve with picante sauce.