Stuffed Sourdough Loaf Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, diced
step 1: Preheat the broiler.
step 2: Cut the sourdough loaf in half and scoop out the bread.
step 3: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix together the scooped out bread pieces and garlic. Slowly cook and stir 10 minutes, or until the bread is browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
step 4: In the bowl with the bread mixture, mix the Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and artichoke hearts. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed bread shell. Top with Cheddar cheese.
step 5: Broil 5 minutes, or until the bread is lightly brown and the cheeses are melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions. Slice and serve.