Stuffing without a Turkey Recipe
- 2 (6 ounce) packages dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) jars chopped pimento peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, diced
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: Prepare the stuffing according to directions on package.
step 3: Over medium-low heat in a large saucepan, place the ground beef, onions and garlic. Slowly cook and stir until the onions are soft and the beef is evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
step 4: Place potatoes in a large, deep skillet with oil. Slowly cook and stir 10 minutes, or until evenly brown and tender, but firm.
step 5: Mix the stuffing, ground beef mixture, potatoes, pepper, salt, pimento peppers, olives, sweet pickles and dill pickles in the baking dish.
step 6: Return to the oven and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.