Sugar Cookies IV Recipe
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar for decoration
step 1: Mix confectioners' sugar, butter or margarine, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
step 2: Roll into big ball and wrap in plastic wrap and let chill for at least 3 hours.
step 3: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 4: Divide dough into halves. Roll each half 3/16 inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut desired shapes with 2 to 2 1/2 inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake until edges are a light brown, 6 - 8 minutes.