Sugar Snap Pea Nicoise Recipe
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs basil, cilantro, tarragon, mint, coarsely chopped
- 8 scallions, white parts only, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 medium white-skinned potatoes
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 4 cups Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap® Peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 (6 ounce) cans white albacore tuna
- 3 cups Mann's Salad Spinach
- lemon zest, to garnish (may substitute herb sprigs)
step 1: Using a vegetable peeler, cut 6 wide strips of rind off the lemons. Chop the rind very finely, and place in a large bowl with the parsley, herbs, scallions and olive oil.
step 2: Cut the potato into short French fry shapes, about 1-inch long and 1/4-inch wide. Cut the zucchini the same way.
step 3: Bring 6 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil. Using a colander or slotted spoon, add potato to water and cook until the potato is soft but still holding its shape, about 3 minutes. Remove potato, shake off excess water, and add to bowl with herbs and oil. Add zucchini to water and cook for about 1 minute. Remove zucchini, shake off water, and add to herbs and oil. Add Mann's Stringless Sugar Snap Peas to water and cook for about 1 minute. Remove snap peas, shake off water, and add to herbs and oil. Gently fold vegetables together. Add juice of 2-3 lemons and salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in tuna.
step 4: Arrange Mann's Salad Spinach evenly on serving plates. Divide snap pea mixture among plates. Garnish with lemon zest or herb sprigs. Serve warm.