Sugarfree Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 packets aspartame artificial sweetener
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine gelatin, cornstarch, spices and salt. Stir in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles; cook and stir for 2 minutes after bubbling. Remove from heat.
step 2: In a medium bowl, gradually stir about 1 cup of cooked mixture into beaten eggs. Return to remaining mixture in saucepan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes; do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in artificial sweetener after filing has cooled to 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
step 3: Pour mixture into pie crust; cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired.