Summer Zucchini Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 21 fluid ounces water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
step 1: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Mix in the sausages, onion, potato, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes are slightly tender.
step 2: Mix the zucchini into pot. Pour in the tomatoes and their liquid and 3/4 tomato can (21 fluid ounces) water. Season with basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to low, and simmer 40 minutes.
step 3: Stir the green beans into the pot, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until beans are heated through.