Sunday Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 Tyson® Fresh Whole Chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with side of knife
- 3 fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: Remove chicken giblets and neck. Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in large oiled roasting pan.
step 3: Stuff cavity with lemon, garlic, and rosemary, if using. Wash hands. Scatter potatoes around chicken; sprinkle potatoes with remaining salt and pepper. Baste chicken and potatoes with butter.
step 4: Roast, basting with pan juices, 1 1/4 hours, or until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced and temperature on instant-read thermometer reaches 180 degrees F. Transfer chicken and potatoes to platter. Discard lemon and rosemary. Skim off fat from pan juices; mash in garlic. Serve pan juices with chicken. (Refrigerate leftovers.)