Sunny Orange French Toast Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 slices firm white bread (3/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter , divided
- Powdered sugar (optional)
step 1: Place cereal on waxed paper.
step 2: Whisk eggs, orange peel, orange juice, granulated sugar and vanilla in shallow dish until well blended.
step 3: Dip bread slices into orange juice mixture; coat lightly with cereal.
step 4: Melt 1 Tbsp. margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add bread slices in batches to skillet; cook until browned on both sides, adding more margarine as needed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.