Sunset magazine's White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh serrano or jalapeno chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- Ground California or New Mexico chili
- Lime wedges
step 1: In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, stir serrano chilies, cumin, onion, and chicken until meat is crumbled and onion is limp, about 8 minutes.
step 2: Add beans, milk, and corn. Stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
step 3: Ladle into wide bowls. Sprinkle with ground chili and season with salt to taste. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over portions.