Super Duper Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
step 1: Mix beans with onion and bell peppers in a large bowl.
step 2: In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and herbs. Season to taste with salt. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves; do not boil.
step 3: Pour warm dressing over bean mixture, and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.