Sweet Bean Pudding Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole dish.
step 2: Process beans, sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and eggs in food processor or blender until smooth. Add melted butter, milk, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and orange zest; process until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons brown sugar and pecans.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until puffed and browned.