Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup hazelnut liqueur
- ¼ cup pecan halves
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Prepare dough for one 9 inch pie. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
step 3: Blend together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and evaporated milk. Pour filling into crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
step 4: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
step 5: Beat together whipping cream, sugar and liqueur until soft peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream and pecan halves.