Sweet and Sour Beans Recipe
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
step 2: Add onions to fat in pan, and saute until soft. Stir in garlic powder, dry mustard, wine vinegar, and brown sugar. Simmer for 20 minutes.
step 3: In a large pot or slow cooker combine bacon and onion mixture with the kidney beans, lima beans, butter beans, and baked beans. Mix together, and simmer for 70 minutes.