Sweet and Sour Pasta Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
step 1: Cook penne pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
step 2: Place the onion, leek, and carrot in a saucepan with the olive oil and saute for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
step 3: Place the tomatoes, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Chinese five spice into the saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
step 4: Add the drained tuna fish and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
step 5: When you are ready to serve, season with salt, stir in a few spoonfuls of creme fraiche and pour the sauce over the cooked penne.