Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp, thawed if frozen
- Hot cooked rice, if desired
step 1: Stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, crushed red pepper and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
step 2: Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onion, bell pepper and carrot in oil 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
step 3: Stir in soy sauce mixture and shrimp. Stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and firm and sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.