Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry with Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ cup chicken stock
step 1: Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
step 2: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken, green onions, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
step 3: Stir the hoisin sauce, chile paste, and soy sauce into the skillet; season with ginger, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir in the chicken stock and simmer about 2 minutes. Mix in the steamed broccoli until coated with the sauce mixture.