Swiss Green Beans Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal crumbs
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: In a 3 quart saucepan combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, flour, onion, sugar, salt, pepper, sour cream and 4 ounces of the cheese. Cook over low heat and stir constantly until thickened. Fold in green beans. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
step 3: In a small bowl combine cereal crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over beans.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.