Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ORTEGA® Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 package (12) ORTEGA® Taco Shells, broken, divided
- 2 cups SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
step 3: LAYER half of broken shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining taco shells, meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.