Taco Soup II Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
step 1: In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef and chopped onion over medium heat. Drain off any fat.
step 2: Add chilies, salt and pepper, beans, water, seasoning mixes, hominy, and stewed tomatoes to the beef and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
step 3: Top with shredded cheese, and serve with chips.