Taco Soup I Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (optional)
step 1: In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is evenly brown; drain excess fat. Mix in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the avocado.
step 2: Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Pass cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream to top each serving.