Taffy Apple Salad IV Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 cups diced apple without peel
- 1 cup chopped Spanish peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: Mix together the pineapple and marshmallows; set aside.
step 2: In a saucepan, combine the reserved pineapple syrup, sugar, flour, egg and vinegar. Mix together well and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
step 3: Add the whipped topping, pineapple mixture, apples and 3/4 cup peanuts. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle top with extra 1/4 cup peanuts.