Tandoori Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container mango yogurt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¾ cup drained canned pineapple tidbits
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 wedges lime
step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together honey mustard dressing, ground cumin, and curry powder. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
step 2: In a baking dish, whisk together yogurt, garam masala, and lemon juice. Place chicken breasts in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
step 3: Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly brush oil over grill grate. Grill chicken until done, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
step 4: In a small bowl, mix together onion, raisins, almonds, and pineapple.
step 5: In a large bowl, toss salad greens with salad dressing and 3/4 of the almond mixture. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle equal amounts of reserved almond mixture over each salad. Top each with grilled chicken, and garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wedge.