Tarragon Chicken Salad Baguettes Recipe
- 1 cup Dannon® Plain Yogurt
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 crusty French baguettes
- Romaine or red lettuce leaves
step 1: To retard the browning of the apple, squeeze lemon juice over the chopped apple.
step 2: Combine apple with chopped celery, walnuts, chopped red onion, currants or raisins, chicken and Dannon(R) yogurt. When salad is well coated in Dannon(R) yogurt, mix in tarragon leaves and season the salad with salt and pepper.
step 3: Stir salad to combine flavors, and then taste to adjust seasonings. Cut baguettes in half and split lengthwise. Pile chicken salad onto cut baguettes and top with lettuce leaves.