Tarragon Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, chives or green onions, yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise, and tarragon; mix lightly. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
step 2: Place nuts in a dry skillet. Toast over medium heat, turning frequently, until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned. Add almonds to chicken salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.