Tarragon Rice Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Prepare the instant rice according to package directions.
step 2: Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from water, cool, peel and chop.
step 3: In a bowl, mix the cooked rice, tarragon, green onions, chives, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Toss with the chopped eggs to serve.