Tarred Roof Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk, warmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, melted
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Stir in the warm milk and butter until well blended. Pour into the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
step 3: Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting.
step 4: Spread vanilla frosting over the top of the cake, then drizzle with the bittersweet chocolate. Let the chocolate cool and harden before serving.