Tart Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans tart pitted cherries packed in water, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons milk
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, gently stir the cherries, brown sugar, and white sugar until all the sugar has dissolved. Mix in the tapioca, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and dot with butter.
step 3: Roll our pie pastry into a rectangle slightly larger than the baking dish, and place over the cherries. Tuck in corners, and make several slits in the dough. Brush with milk.
step 4: Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Cool 1 hour before serving.