Tart Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup chopped golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, cut into strips
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, orange juice, apples, raisins, orange peel, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to simmer, stirring to mix well. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until cranberries burst and mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 2: Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and cool. Cover and refrigerate at least overnight. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.