Taste of Home's Hearty Ham Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or process cheese
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside.
step 2: In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour over the ham mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
step 3: Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.