Tasty Tarragon and Tomato Rice Dish Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
step 1: In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
step 2: In a separate pot over medium heat, mix the tomatoes, vermouth, brown sugar, tarragon, basil, sea salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, until most of the liquid has been reduced. Serve over the cooked rice.