Tasty Tuna Burgers Recipe
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves of lettuce (optional)
step 1: Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired.
step 2: Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them.
step 3: Serve on buns with tomato slices and lettuce leaves, if desired.