Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
step 2: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the chile paste and chicken. Cook and stir chicken 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and juices run clear.
step 3: Toss the cooked farfalle, pesto, Parmesan cheese, and cilantro into the skillet, and continue cooking just until heated through.