Tex-Mex Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 green onions
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers or canned whole green chili peppers, drained, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) package Italian bread shell (Boboli)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
step 1: Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add the potatoes, green onions, peppers, cumin, and garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
step 2: In a small bowl stir together egg product, milk, and cilantro; add to skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge. Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding until egg product is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
step 3: To assemble pizza, place the bread shell on a large baking sheet or a 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the shell. Top with the egg mixture, tomato, and the remaining cheese.
step 4: Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.