Tex-Mex Potatoes Recipe
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce, undrained
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
step 1: Scrub potatoes and prick in several places with toothpick or sharp knife. Place on paper towel in microwave and cook at high power for 8 minutes Turn and rotate potatoes and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Alternately you can bake potatoes in a 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for about 1 hour or until tender
step 2: Over medium high, heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute onions and bell peppersuntil softened. Stir in beans, Worcestershire sauce, and jalapeno peppers. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
step 3: Split potatoes and top with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.