Texas Hash Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices processed American cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart (8 inch round) casserole dish.
step 2: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
step 3: In a medium skillet over high heat, brown ground beef with onions and green pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer for 20 minutes.
step 4: Stir cooked rice into the beef mixture. Mix in the corn, salt and pepper.
step 5: Pour the mixture into prepared casserole dish. Cut the American cheese slices in half and place over the top.
step 6: Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.