Texican Squash Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
step 2: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add squash and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
step 3: In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, baking powder, flour and chiles; mix well. Fold in squash.
step 4: Sprinkle half of the crushed corn chips in the bottom of the prepared dish. Spoon the squash mixture into the dish, and top with the remaining crushed chips.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.