Thai Banana Salsa with King Prawns Recipe
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
step 1: In a large bowl, mix bananas, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, ginger, and red chile pepper to make salsa.
step 2: In a small bowl, blend lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar until sugar has dissolved. Thoroughly mix into the salsa.
step 3: Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place prawns in the water, and cook 3 minutes, or until flesh is opaque. Serve with the banana salsa.