Thai Burgers Recipe
- 1 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon grass, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
step 1: Preheat grill for high heat.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together ground round, bread crumbs, lemon grass, shallot, chili peppers, and peanuts. Season with salt and pepper. Form into patties. If you are making these ahead of time, do not add peanuts until you are ready to grill.
step 3: Lightly oil grate, and place burgers on grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, and sprinkle burgers with lime juice.