Thai Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tom yum paste
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 stalks lemon grass, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - shredded
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chile pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
step 1: In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Stir in the tom yum paste and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves. Place the chicken in the saucepan, and cook 5 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
step 2: Mix in the mushrooms. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, and green chile pepper. Continue cooking until well blended. Remove from heat, and serve warm with the coriander and basil.