Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh ginger root
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
step 1: Combine the rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
step 2: Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.
step 3: Reduce heat to medium, and add green onion, broccoli, peanuts, and the peanut butter mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.