Thai Tuna Burgers Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks, minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves - rinsed and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
step 1: In a bowl, thoroughly mix minced tuna, bread crumbs, green onion, carrot, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, salt, pepper, and egg. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
step 2: Preheat oven broiler.
step 3: Form tuna mixture into 6 patties, and place in a broiler pan on top oven rack. Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes per side, or until easily flaked with a fork. Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato.