Thanksgiving Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (14 ounce) bags frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sugar pumpkin, top removed, seeded
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place the almonds in a skillet over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted.
step 3: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
step 4: In a bowl, mix the onion, eggs, mayonnaise, cream of mushroom soup, and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture into the pumpkin. Layer with 1 cup cheese and 1/3 stuffing, and drizzle with 1/3 melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/3 toasted almonds. Repeat layers. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet.
step 5: Bake pumpkin 1 hour, or until filling is hot and bubbly. Cover pumpkin with aluminum foil if it begins to brown.