The Big Easy Spicy Shrimp Dish Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (26.5 ounce) can traditional-flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
step 1: In Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in bell pepper, onion and celery; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
step 2: Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes and chiles. Heat, covered, over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer.
step 3: Add shrimp to vegetables and increase heat to high. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing, until shrimp are pink and just opaque in the center. Add sauce; stir well and return just to a simmer.