The Really Good Salad Recipe with Pieces of Fruit Recipe
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1/2 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
step 1: In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the almonds and 1/2 cup sugar 5 minutes, or until almonds are well-coated and lightly browned.
step 2: In a bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
step 3: In a large bowl, gently mix the almonds, iceberg lettuce, leaf lettuce, celery, chives, cranberries, mandarin orange, peaches, mango, and strawberries. Serve with desired amount of the oil and vinegar dressing.