Three Greens and Fruit with Vinaigrette Recipe
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese
step 1: In a bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, onion, sugar, salt, hot sauce, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the walnuts, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted.
step 3: In a large bowl, mix the walnuts, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, spinach, and pears. Toss with the dressing mixture to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.