Yellowtail a la Gruntag Recipe
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 8 (3 ounce) fillets yellowtail flounder
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 8 pinches dried thyme
- 8 teaspoons butter
step 1: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the white wine, Grand Marnier, and grated ginger. Bring to a boil, and reduce the mixture by one half. Strain, and set aside to cool slightly. Whisk the reduction into the hollandaise sauce, and mix in orange juice concentrate.
step 2: Preheat your oven's broiler. Place the filets onto a baking sheet, and dot each one with one teaspoon of butter, sprinkle with a pinch of thyme, and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of orange juice.
step 3: Broil the fillets for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just barely done. Fish should be opaque and flake with a fork. Ladle sauce onto plates, and place yellowtail fillets onto sauce.