Tofu-Veggie Stir Fry and Gravy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn, drained
step 1: Whisk together the cornstarch with water until smooth, and combine with vegetable broth, garlic, onion salt, black pepper, thyme, basil, and parsley in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the gravy mixture to a simmer, and cook and stir until gravy is hot and thickened, about 5 minutes.
step 2: Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok, and stir-fry the carrot, red pepper, broccoli, and snow peas over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until just tender. Stir in the tofu, mushrooms, and baby corn, and stir and cook about 1 more minute, until mixture is heated through.
step 3: Pour the gravy over the vegetables and tofu, stir to combine, and serve hot.